Monday, November 9, 2009

Tour of the bedroom

It's a dreary Monday afternoon. Ida is coming towards shore- hopefully won't be hitting us up in Auburn. So what to do on a rainy, chilly afternoon? Sit in Taylor's Bakery drinking hot chocolate and avoid homework by blogging! (If you ever come to Auburn, Alabama, definitely stop by Taylor's. Jan, the owner, makes the best cookies and cupcakes.)

In celebration of finding my camera battery (in the sock drawer) I have decided to give a tour of my bedroom. It's the first bedroom that I've been pleased with almost completely.
Right side of my desk. I found the owl in a
little store downtown Opelika, and the bottle of wine
is the first bottle I ever bought the day I turned 21. (I bought it
purely off of the design of the label)..
You can somewhat see behind the owl the colorful books:
those are old school Paddington Bear books from the
antique store downtown.


The other side of the desk. I absolutely love Mary Poppins and the painting done
by my children's book illustrator friend in London. If you can see
the picture in the heart frame, that is from my 9th grade play.
I'm the one all the way to the left in the hat:
I was Minnie Pearl. Howdy.

My favorite candle in the world from Fresh Market.
I make a special trip to this store every time I'm close to Birmingham.

And then.. here are some of the paintings I've done in the last few months.
Wenn es regnet, es geisst.
(When is rains, in pours).
I remembered after I painted this that actually it is
"Wenn es regnet, geisst es". Oh well.
My German isn't exactly the best. But I'm trying.
And yes, it's the Morton Salt Girl.

Completely copied someone from Etsy, but still fun.
I LOVE owls. Was extremely excited when I got a call from my mother
saying she found some owl towels in my grandmother's attic.
Bailey, my adorable puppy.
Bad picture of not great painting- but also still fun.



1 comment:

  1. To me {who wouldn't know the first thing about painting} I think your paintings are adorably sweet! Glad you found your battery as I enjoy your blog and pictures :) x

    ReplyDelete