Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful..

It's a family tradition to write down the things we are thankful for from the Monday week before Thanksgiving- day before Thanksgiving. Then on Thanksgiving day, we share them. The fun thing about these things is we write them down according to something that happened that day. For example, my sister told me some of hers this year: she got to hear a lecture from one of her favorite authors that was free for any USM student. She was thankful for the ability to be a student.
Here's my list so far...
November 16: (My internet was down that day) Thankful that I have a computer at all(after I went a year without one) even if my internet didn't work because I can still work on my presentations.
November 17: (I went to the doctor and found out that, yes, indeed, my nose was broken. Broke it playing with the dog) Thankful that my nose was a clean break, and it will heal on its own. (and thankful it was my first broken bone, and mom made us drink so much milk)
November 18: (I cooked a horrible, horrible dinner. Just went terribly wrong). Thankful that this man in the picture loves me enough to not care and still eat a horrible nasty dinner without complaining

What are you thankful for?

(Oh, and if anyone has good homemade Christmas gift ideas for mothers- let me know!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment